Disaster Relief – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing International (OBI) is a humanitarian organization dedicated to demonstrating God’s love by alleviating human suffering. Our U.S. Disaster Relief teams give hope and help when it’s needed most, including food distribution, clean water, medicine and other vital supplies to meet the immediate need of those suffering.
Our Deployment Technicians coordinate, direct, and perform risk assessments and safety planning for a deployed base of operations. This includes advance team preparedness, convoy, and team management; and requires a “ready to deploy” status in response to US and other crisis situations. While not on active deployment, this role will develop and raise technical competencies via continuous review, learning, qualification and support of all assigned functions of Operation Blessing’s relief and recovery programs.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Must be a self-starter with the skills and abilities to effectively perform in a fast-paced, high-stressed, and potentially austere work environment
- Strong competence in incident management, mass casualty response, and emergency response to catastrophic disasters
- Strong ability to take guidance from leadership and execute plans in a disaster
- Excellent logistical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to lead a volunteer team, motivate, and keep projects moving
- Must work well under pressure, consistently meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
- Proficient instructor, ability to train on emergency management and disaster relief concepts and activities
- Strong computer skills with a focus in Microsoft Office
- Familiar with industry standard inventory and transportation applications
- Ability to travel, sometimes with 24-hour notice or less, to disaster zones for extended amounts of time
- Ability to make credit card purchases for OBI, as needed
- Ability to stand, walk, bend; excellent manual dexterity and hand/eye coordination
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs or more
- Spanish / Hispanic language skills needed/preferred
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- CDL Class “A” with Air Brake Endorsement (Semi-Truck Restriction is acceptable) or ability to obtain
- CPR/AED/First Responder, EMT preferred
- Maintain Valid Virginia driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Maintain Forklift Certification
- Incident Command System and National Incident Management System-100, 200, 300, 400 700 & 800 series courses and training
A Charity you can trust!
Operation Blessing is a non-profit humanitarian organization working in dozens of countries every day to bring relief to those who are suffering. OB provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as disaster relief, health and medical care, hunger relief, vulnerable children and orphan care, safe water, and community development. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.
Interested in a career with Operation Blessing? Please click here to complete an application, as we are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications. For your records, please print a copy of the completed application prior to submitting it.