Operation Blessing – Virginia Beach, VA
Operation Blessing (OB) is seeking an experienced National Media Liaison to capture footage (video & stills) of disaster relief efforts in real-time. This position will serve as a Videographer, Editor, and Associate Producer to support the Disaster Relief team. This key role is responsible for finding, shooting, editing and helping to produce stories and testimonials to be used for a variety of media sources.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Strong working knowledge in television production, print journalism, communications media and/or public relations experience
- Strong ability to write, shoot, and edit feature stories
- Professional video experience including shooting, lighting, editing, and media formatting/conversion for web and television broadcast.
- Technical experience with remote LIVE broadcast using TVU or Skype.
- Exceptional skills with professional camera (Sony EX3 & Cannon 5D) and audio operation for broadcast.
- Exceptional editing skills with Adobe Premiere Pro and experience with Adobe After Effects,
- Technical experience with MPEG Streamclip, Picasa, and DSLR video production
- Ability to perform audio editing and mixing tasks
- Experience and proficiency with still photography
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to interact with staff and public in a professional manner
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to learn new software
- Flexible with ability to work well under pressure and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to make business-related purchases on behalf of organization
- Required to travel and stay in the field for extended periods of time during disaster deployments
- Available to work flexible hours and travel on short notice
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Required to have a personal vehicle for non-disaster work responsibilities
Please include internet link to video portfolio.
A Charity You Can Trust
Operation Blessing (OB) is a non-profit humanitarian organization that provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as hunger relief, medical care, clean water, and disaster relief. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.
Interested in a career with Operation Blessing? Please click here to complete an application, as we are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications. For your records, please print a copy of the completed application prior to submitting it.