Operation Blessing Major Gifts – West Coast
Operation Blessing (OB), an international humanitarian relief and development organization, is seeking a highly motivated Major Gifts professional to cultivate donor relationships and convey the impact of OB’s hunger relief, medical and disaster response programs. This results-oriented fundraiser will increase financial commitments to the organization and its strategic initiatives by developing and managing relationships with individual donors for major and planned gifts.
The successful individual will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum three to five years’ successful fundraising experience in major gift development, preferably with an international development organization
- Highly energetic professional with excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of building long term donor relationships and closing gifts
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of major donors and how to deepen donor relationships with the organization
- Proven experience with planned giving cultivation strategies
- Demonstrated experience in developing in-depth cultivation and solicitation strategies
- History of successfully achieving annual and long-range development goals
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to speak persuasively and articulate an organization’s mission and purpose
- Polished and sophisticated communicator with excellent ability to collaborate cross-functionally and cooperatively with various departments
- Working knowledge of Biblical principles and stewardship
- Strategic thinker with strong ability to “think on one’s feet”
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently while under pressure to meet goals and deadlines
- Computer proficiency and experience with MS Office and donor databases
- Solid background of superior work ethic, integrity, and Christian commitment
- Ability to travel and work flexible, irregular hours; possess valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
A Charity You Can Trust
Operation Blessing (OB) is a non-profit humanitarian organization that provides strategic relief on an ongoing basis through core programs such as hunger relief, medical care, clean water, and disaster relief. Headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, OB offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary, and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications and are in agreement with OB’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online.
We are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications.
Interested in a career with Operation Blessing? Please click here to complete an application, as we are unable to give full consideration to resumes without applications. For your records, please print a copy of the completed application prior to submitting it.