Operation Blessing is on the ground in Homosassa, Florida offering relief to the hurting after Hurricane Idalia. Our last day will be Saturday September 16th.
* Operation Blessing is on the ground in Homosassa, Florida offering relief to the hurting after Hurricane Idalia.
* Volunteers will be needed to assist with meals, debris clean-up, helping residents salvage their personal belongings, mucking and gutting.
* Volunteers should wear long pants and sturdy work boots/shoes with hard soles (rubber boots if possible).
* Volunteers will be given a Operation Blessing T-shirt upon arrival.
* Registration is Monday-Saturday, 8:30 AM EST, finishing on Saturday September 16.
*Orientation times are 9AM & 1PM, EST
Christian Center Church
7961 W. Green Acres Street
Homosassa, FL 344466
For questions about volunteering or assistance, call 800-730-2537.I WANT TO HELP
“It’s what we’re called to do ever since we gave our lives to Christ… We know that when people are in need, Christ calls us to help.” – Randy, OB volunteer
“It’s pretty amazing. I can’t really put a feeling into it. You just have to come and experience it… There’s so much love here. It’s just a blessing.” – Amy, OB volunteer
“We are being the hands and feet of Christ.” – Craig, OB volunteer
- Operation Blessing volunteer teams are made up of “on-call” volunteers with both general and specialized skills who join our relief staff in the field during times of disaster. Visit ob.org/next to learn more about our current volunteer opportunities and to hear what it’s like to serve with Operation Blessing.
Construction Teams consist of licensed trades such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, general contractors, carpenters, structural engineers, architects and roofers, as well as those experienced in flooring such as carpet, vinyl, tile and wood. These team members are often called on during the rebuilding and recovery stage of disasters
In the aftermath of hurricanes, floods and tornadoes, heavy equipment teams are often needed to remove large amounts of debris to assist neighborhoods in the clean-up efforts and prepare them for the process of rebuilding. Team members bring experience in operating equipment such as skid-steers, cranes, loaders and more.
Our General Volunteer Teams consist of individuals who may not have a specialized skill but would still like to serve during times of disaster. These team members will help with general labor such as gutting homes, site assessments, clean-up and more.
Disaster Relief Volunteers
You have a heart to serve and Operation Blessing takes care of the details so that you can show God’s love to those in the midst of crisis. When major hurricanes, tornadoes and other devastating storms strike the U.S., volunteers become a key component of Operation Blessing’s disaster relief efforts. From serving hot meals and handing out bags of relief to helping residents salvage precious belongings and aiding in debris removal and cleanup, OB volunteers are critical to bringing relief in real time! Sign up for alerts.
Did you know that just by forwarding an Operation Blessing email or sharing a social media post you can make an amazing impact? Become a digital ambassador by spreading the word to your friends and family about the compassionate work they can do in partnership with Operation Blessing. Send along an inspiring story or an impassioned plea for help, and you will be advocating for the poor and hurting in a new and exciting way! Also check out our fundraising opportunities.
Food and Packing Volunteers
Operation Blessing is looking for Food Team members with experience in food management and service at all levels. Our mobile-kitchens are fully equipped, stocked and ready to provide at least 1,000 meals per day, helping to feed local emergency management conducting search and recovery, families and individuals without power and other resources, and also volunteers and clean-up crews. These opportunities arise primarily in the Hampton Roads area. Contact us for possible volunteer roles through our partner outreaches in other cities. Sign up for alerts.