UGANDA – Struggling to survive in Uganda without any income or support, Esther wasn’t able to feed herself or her… more>>
War. Poverty. Disease. Whatever the cause, it’s tragic when a child loses one or both parents. Many orphans end up on the streets where they often starve, get sick and suffer intolerable abuse. Through feeding programs, education, health care and more, Operation Blessing’s Bless-A-Child program is reaching out to these precious orphans, street kids and other vulnerable children—giving them the hope of a better future.
HOW BLESS-A-CHILD HELPS HURTING CHILDREN AND ORPHANS
From feeding programs to building projects, Operation Blessing is blessing vulnerable children and orphans by:
- Building wells and water systems so children do not have to take treacherous journeys to retrieve water for their families in places like Peru, Honduras and Kenya.
- Supporting every child’s right to an education by funding renovation projects, providing supplies, awarding academic scholarships and even building schools.
- Working with Partners in Health to create a safe and nourishing environment for orphans in Haiti through the Zanmi Beni Children’s Home.
- Working with local orphanages and children’s homes in places like the Democratic Republic of Congo and Liberia to improve the quality of life by providing new kitchens, beds, hygiene supplies, food and more.
- Creating microenterprise businesses and life skills training for parents so children who have given up pursuing their education to help support the family can return to school.
- Funding life-changing surgeries, such as cleft lip repair, clubfoot treatments, hernia surgeries and more, helping restore children’s independence and freeing them from burdens so they can grow strong and healthy.
Join Operation Blessing and become part of our Bless-A-Child projects. Find out how you can get involved and bring hope to the hurting today!