War. Poverty. Disease. Whatever the cause, it’s tragic when a child loses one or both parents. Many orphans end up on the streets where they often starve, get sick and suffer intolerable abuse. Through feeding programs, education, health care and more, Operation Blessing’s Bless-A-Child program is reaching out to these precious orphans, street kids and other vulnerable children—giving them the hope of a better future.
HOW BLESS-A-CHILD HELPS HURTING CHILDREN AND ORPHANS
From feeding programs to building projects, Operation Blessing is blessing vulnerable children and orphans by:
- Building wells and water systems so children do not have to take treacherous journeys to retrieve water for their families in places like Peru, Honduras and Kenya.
- Supporting every child’s right to an education by funding renovation projects, providing supplies, awarding academic scholarships and even building schools.
- Working with Partners in Health to create a safe and nourishing environment for orphans in Haiti through the Zanmi Beni Children’s Home.
- Working with local orphanages and children’s homes in places like the Democratic Republic of Congo and Liberia to improve the quality of life by providing new kitchens, beds, hygiene supplies, food and more.
- Creating microenterprise businesses and life skills training for parents so children who have given up pursuing their education to help support the family can return to school.
- Funding life-changing surgeries, such as cleft lip repair, clubfoot treatments, hernia surgeries and more, helping restore children’s independence and freeing them from burdens so they can grow strong and healthy.
Join Operation Blessing and become part of our Bless-A-Child projects. Find out how you can get involved and bring hope to the hurting today!
How are you addressing hunger-related issues?
In many poverty-stricken communities, families can only afford to provide one meal a day, leaving children hungry and malnourished due to a limited diet that is often lacking in nutrients. Through Operation Blessing’s feeding programs in places like Guatemala, Haiti, Peru and Kenya, at-risk children are provided with regular, nutritious meals to keep them healthy and growing. We’re also helping parents and caregivers through community gardens, animal husbandry, and other income-generating projects so they can afford better food and nutrition for their families.
What types of health care programs do you provide?
Operation Blessing provides free health care such as general medical, optical, dental and surgical services to impoverished children through medical missions and mobile dental clinics. Teams also provide hygiene training throughout schools and communities as well as dispense much needed medicine.
How is education making a difference?
We believe one of the keys to breaking the cycle of poverty is through education. Because many children either do not have access to schools or cannot afford to attend, Operation Blessing is supporting the construction and renovation of schools in places like Haiti, Peru, and Liberia; providing scholarships and school supplies to children in China and India; and even offering adult education and life skills classes to empower parents, so they can earn a better income and afford to send their children to school.
What are you doing to fight child trafficking?
Operation Blessing has anti-human trafficking projects throughout Latin America and Asia that focus on prevention, intervention and restoration. To learn more, visit our human trafficking page