Having spent more than 2 years in the New Orleans area helping Katrina victims, Operation Blessing’s vice president of U.S.… more>>
Every year, people around the world struggle to survive when disaster strikes. Whether it’s a natural disaster such as a hurricane, tornado, earthquake or tsunami, or refugees in the midst of life-threatening conflict needing critical relief, Operation Blessing is helping disaster victims endure and recover by providing critical aid. During times of crisis, Operation Blessing relief teams give hope and help through disaster relief efforts that include distributing food, safe water, medicine and other vital supplies to meet the immediate needs of those suffering. Then, to help communities begin the long-term recovery process, teams assist with debris clean-up and repairs—including Extreme Blessing Home Makeover projects in the U.S.—as well as microenterprise projects to help boost the economy, recover jobs and get families back on their feet. Learn more about how we help disaster victims in need by reading our Disaster Relief Strategies booklet.
Operation Blessing’s disaster relief efforts have touched lives in nations all across the globe:
- Responding to deadly back-to-back 7.8-magnitude and 7.3-magnitude earthquakes in Nepal by distributing much-needed food supplies, blankets, flashlights and hand-held chlorination units to disinfect large amounts of potentially dangerous water, making it safe to drink.
- Training prevention teams and delivering medical supplies and chlorine generators to Liberia to fight the Ebola virus.
- Distributing much-needed supplies to the Middle East to aid refugees and families living in Internally Displaced Persons camps to escape persecution from Islamic militant group ISIS.
- Providing fishing boats and other critical resources to families devastated by the 2011 Japan earthquake and tsunami and also aiding victims of Typhoon Haiyan that struck the Philippines in 2013.
- Cleaning up debris and repairing homes along the eastern coast and in the Midwest that were damaged by Hurricane Sandy and tornadoes in 2013.
- Working to bring healing and hope to Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and cholera outbreak.
Operation Blessing has been and continues to be a beacon of hope and source of strength for thousands of disaster victims around the world. Read testimonials and stories from the field or become a volunteer to see firsthand the Operation Blessing’s impact during times of disaster and recovery.