UPDATE April 24, 2020 –
You are now reaching out to multiple states throughout the U.S. and 27 other countries around the world with special help during the coronavirus pandemic! Our humanitarian outreach has quickly pivoted to place priority on providing medical supplies, disaster relief, and additional food to those suffering during this unprecedented time.
UPDATE April 14, 2020
Thanks to your amazing ongoing support, we continue reaching out during this time of conronavirus crisis. Here are just a few of the latest updates on how you are fighting this pandemic.
- Thanks to you we’re reaching out in the Ukraine with food and soap for those hit hard by the financial situation.
You’re sending masks, food, hygiene supplies, and first aid items to Thailand.
- With your help, we donated 1000 N95 masks to Sentara Hospitals and 1000 N95 masks to Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters in Virginia, as well as giving seven local cities another 1000 N95 masks each. Similar large numbers of masks have also been distributed at multiple locations throughout Florida, Tennessee, and Texas.
- OB Philippines will be visiting 20 hospitals in the coming days. They are giving away disposable head covers, shoe covers, gowns, masks, alcohol, gloves, bath soap, ferrous sulfate tablets and ascorbic acid tablets. A pastor will accompany them to pray and uplift the spirits of those on the front lines.
- In Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador and Puerto Rico, Peru, Honduras, Kenya, and Haiti, OB is producing chlorine to distribute to government and medical agencies. Guatemala is also distributing food supplies and masks.
- Our U.S. disaster relief team is distributing sanitizing kits from The Home Depot to governments and first responders in Hampton Roads, Florida, and Dallas areas.
- Our Hunger Strike Force will continue meeting the needs of the 12 Hub food pantry locations in the Hampton Roads area, as well as sending food to distribution partners all over the country.
UPDATE March 20, 2020
In the U.S., because of you, we quickly reached out to our food distribution partners, and began sending even more free groceries and water to those hit by the financial hardships of the crisis, including children who lost school meals and workers who lost wages. With your help, we also reached out to first responders in the communities surrounding our headquarters in Virginia.
“Many of us are working remotely right now, or being asked to, but these folks can’t,” said Hannah Slusher, operations manager for Operation Blessing. She went on to explain, “We actually provided…one thousand N95 masks, and in partnership with The Home Depot, we also provided them with disaster buckets.” The police officers greatly appreciated these buckets full of cleaning and disinfecting supplies.
Operation Blessing always stands ready to respond to crises and reach out to those in need. With your ongoing support, we’ll be able to continue offering humanitarian aid during this COVID-19 crisis and long into the future. You are in our thoughts and prayers at this time.
UPDATE March 17, 2020
The coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, is an active threat in the U.S., and the government is responding with strong recommendations on social distancing, quarantines, school closures, and limitations to certain industries. The virus has greatly affected the economy, and many families now face financial hardships. Thanks to your ongoing support, Operation Blessing is actively working with our food distribution partners around the U.S. to make more free food supplies available for individuals in need during this coronavirus crisis. And we will continue monitoring this global pandemic to evaluate how we can help all around the world.
February 12, 2020
WUHAN, CHINA: Both China, and the world at large, are facing a deadly new crisis. The coronavirus has exploded onto the world scene with devastating consequences. The quickly spreading virus has created a huge threat to the population of Wuhan, the epicenter of the corona outbreak, killing over a thousand and infecting many more.
The Coronavirus Crisis
Cases of coronavirus (also known as COVID-19, 2019-ncov, and novel coronavirus) have also been popping up around the world, including in the U.S. Coronavirus symptoms appear much like a cold or flu, and can be difficult to spot initially. So extreme quarantines and travel bans have been enacted to prevent the spread. Currently, no vaccine is available to stop the corona breakout.
Fighting the Corona Breakout
But take heart! Coronavirus charity efforts are making a difference. Thanks to you, Operation Blessing is hard at work battling the coronavirus. You are sending critical supplies to Wuhan during this dangerous time, including approximately 22,000 masks and thousands of protective suits. With your faithful support, we will continue to monitor the situation and help as much as we possibly can.
Pray for Victims in Wuhan, China
In the meantime, please pray for those infected by the virus and those in susceptible areas. Pray for governments to enact wise policies to stop the spread. Pray for medical professionals to find solutions and prevent deaths. And pray for those risking their safety to care for the suffering.
Thank you again for your support. If you’d like to give a special gift to help victims of crisis and disaster, please visit our disaster relief donation page.