BRAZIL – It is 10:00 in the morning and the heat is unbearable, the sky is completely clear and there… more>>
In many places, drinking a sip of water can be extremely hazardous – even deadly. Sadly, many people in developing countries have no other choice but to get their water from contaminated streams or ponds – contamination that causes countless children to die needlessly from diarrhea and typhoid. To help tackle the water crisis, Operation Blessing has a multifold approach that includes deep water wells, community water systems, chlorination projects, water filters and catchment systems to provide solutions for families and communities whose water sources are unsafe and polluted or who have limited access to a safe water source.
SAFE WATER SOLUTIONS
From community-wide efforts to individual water carriers, Operation Blessing is providing safe water solutions to nations all around the globe by:
- Constructing concrete catchment systems—or reservoir tanks—for rural communities in Latin America.
- Building deep, solar-powered water wells in places like Kenya, where the sun is abundant and droughts frequent. In many communities, young girls sacrificed their education to spend time walking several times a day to water. These wells not only shorten the distance to safe water but also free up their time so they may attend school.
- Manufacturing chlorine for disinfection in Africa, Haiti and Latin America. One unit currently services the largest hospital in Juba, South Sudan. Others are helping in the fight against Ebola in Liberia.
- Installing conventional hand pump water wells across India, Nigeria and other countries where millions are without access to sources of safe water.
- Distributing Pack H2O water backpacks in seven countries in partnership with GREIF. The packs replace buckets women and children previously balanced on their heads to carry water long distances, relieving the women and children of much of the neck pain and headaches associated with collecting water.
- Working to desalinate saltwater for victims of the devastating Super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines by partnering with Japanese corporation, Toray.
Join Operation Blessing and help provide reliable, clean, safe water solutions to those in need. Find out how you can get involved and bring hope to the hurting today!