KENYA – Trying to feed three teenagers is hard enough, but for Josephine—a single mother in Kenya bound by the… more>>
Imagine the struggle of being a parent and not being able to feed your children, take them to the doctor or provide them with safe shelter. For these hardworking families, the burden of poverty, lack of resources and sickness often keeps them from reaching their greatest potential. Through Operation Blessing’s microenterprise and community development programs, families are becoming equipped for success through life skills training programs such as sewing, baking, jewelry-making and carpentry—as well as community farms and gardens, home construction projects, animal husbandry, small business loans and more!
MICROENTERPRISE AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT IN ACTION
From building homes for vulnerable families to kick-starting businesses for single moms, Operation Blessing’s microenterprise projects are making a difference by:
- Creating community gardens in Latin America where single mothers and others come to learn the basics of gardening and harvesting so they can support their families.
- Building homes for children and families in need, whether they lost their homes to flooding, natural disaster or simply the weight of poverty.
- Distributing boats to victims of natural disasters whose primary income was fishing. Operation Blessing has helped restore the livelihoods of many, from hurricane victims in Latin America to Japanese fishermen devastated by the 2011 tsunami.
- Providing life-skills training for at-risk youth to help them learn a vocation and stay off of the streets where many fall prey to violence, drugs and gangs.
- Training men and women in the art of baking many varieties of bread, cookies and other treats, providing them with life skills to find a job or even strike out on their own with a microenterprise through Operation Blessing.
- Supporting families by equipping moms and dads with the tools they need to further their employment dreams, be it through sewing machines, supplies, tools and more.
Join Operation Blessing and become part of our community development and microenterprise efforts. Find out how you can get involved and bring hope to the hurting today!