PENNSYLVANIA – Dustin works hard to provide for his wife Mariah and 6-month-old son Zachary, putting in long hours to… more>>
Whether it’s empty cupboards for a hurting family in the U.S. or drought-stricken communities fighting famine in Africa, hunger is a very real enemy for so many worldwide. Children are especially at risk, as hunger can lead to sickness, malnutrition and even death. In the U.S., Operation Blessing’s Hunger Strike Force delivers truckloads of food and relief every week to pantries and partnering organizations. Worldwide, OBI provides hunger relief by supporting nutritional feeding programs in schools, seed banks for families facing famine and community farms and garden projects that offer sustainable solutions for food insecure regions. Hunger relief is one of the core programs Operation Blessing employs to help families around the world rise up out of poverty.
HUNGER RELIEF AROUND THE GLOBE
From community gardens to partnership events, Operation Blessing is providing hunger relief to struggling families by:
- Partnering with the NFL Washington Redskins to provide meals to hungry families. For more than ten years Operation Blessing has partnered with the NFL to provide hunger relief for more than 25,000 Americans in need of food.
- Distributing emergency food relief to refugees and victims of natural disaster when they need it most. For instance, after Hurricane Isaac struck St. Bernard Parish, OBI teams served 2,000 hot meals to disaster victims in only two hours.
- Pioneering raised-bed and space-saving gardening techniques in places like Antigua, Guatemala. Teaching communities how to cultivate and harvest in tight spaces has given many the knowledge and skills to create their own home gardens to feed their families.
- Employing Operation Blessing’s Hunger Strike Force to distribute food to partners and food pantries across America, traveling over 1 million miles every year and feeding hungry children and their families.
- Bringing hunger relief to Africa through agriculture and cultivation opportunities. In Rwanda, Operation Blessing and partner organization Gardens for Health educate people on battling malnutrition through healthy gardening, while the women of Kimana, Kenya, are learning to harvest and sell beans through an Operation Blessing initiative.
Join Operation Blessing and become part of the fight to end hunger in America and other nations. Find out how you can join these hunger relief efforts and bring hope to the hurting today!